Accessible Hotel Features
For Your Accessibility Needs:
The Hay Adams strives to meet the needs of its guests with disabilities. Please contact the hotel if you have any special requests relating to your disability or need any additional accessibility information about the hotel’s facilities and services.
The following areas are accessible:
- Public entrance
- Lobby and registration area
- The Lafayette Restaurant
- The Top of the Hay
- Public restrooms
- Business center
- Meeting rooms/ballrooms
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the registration area, accessible guestrooms, The Lafayette, The Top of The Hay, meeting rooms/ballroom area, and business center
Features in mobility/hearing accessible guest rooms:
- Rooms have doorways with 32” of clear width and lever hardware
- Drapery controls, closet rods, light switches, and thermostats at or below 48” above the floor
- 36” wide path on both sides of the bed
- Bathrooms have either roll-in showers or accessible tubs with grab bars (as indicated in the room type), toilets with grab bars, and lowered sinks with mirrors that are 40” from the floor. Due to structural limitations of our historic hotel, bathrooms have less floor space than in newer hotels. Please call the hotel for more information.
- Rooms have visual fire alarms, phones with visual alerts, portable door knock indicator, and an outlet within 4 feet of the phone for a TTY.
Additional accessibility information:
- Wheelchair accessible guest transportation with advance notice
- The hotel has a portable communications kit with TTY for guests with hearing disabilities
- Guest room TVs have closed captioning or closed caption decoders provided
- Service animals are welcome
- Hotel employees will read printed/visual information to guests who are blind/low vision and provide verbal directions to locations on the hotel property
- Due to structural limitations of our historic hotel, the corridor to the onsite fitness center is 32” wide and cannot be widened. The hotel provides complimentary passes to other fitness facilities near the hotel for guests with disabilities who cannot access the onsite fitness center.
Our hotel offers the following accessible room types:
- Mobility/Hearing Accessible Superior King, Accessible Tub
- Mobility/Hearing Accessible Superior King, Roll-in Shower
- Mobility/Hearing Accessible Church View King, Roll-in Shower
- Mobility/Hearing Accessible Church View King Suite, Roll-in Shower