OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR HEALTH & SAFETY
At The Hay-Adams, we always strive to provide our guests with a superior, one-of-a-kind experience. We are forever grateful for the trust you have placed in us over the years and we want to reaffirm our commitment to ensuring the utmost safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff.
We understand that the current environment has affected how you make your travel decisions and it is important to us that you feel comfortable and informed.
Through our enhanced health and safety measures outlined below, we are confident that we can provide you with the award-winning level of service and attention to detail that you can rightly expect from The Hay-Adams.
We firmly believe that the art of luxury travel remains a classic, indulgent experience and we want to personally assure you that we are doing all we can to guarantee you a safe and exceptional stay with us. Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information.
HEALTHY STAYS PROGRAM
With our commitment to uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, we are pleased to announce the rollout of Healthy Stays, our new health and safety program in collaboration with Leading Hotels of the World.
As part of this program, we partnered with the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) and their STAR™ accreditation program, the cleaning industry’s gold standard for disinfection and infectious disease prevention. This program ensures our team receives, and will continue to receive, training in the latest safety and hygiene protocols.
The boutique style of our hotel ensures intimate settings with private interactions. Our Lafayette restaurant, as well as most of our guest rooms, have windows that open, and select rooms also offer French doors with Juliet balconies, providing plentiful fresh air.
GUESTS CAN EXPECT THE FOLLOWING SAFETY MEASURES
- Our staff will be wearing masks
- Guests and staff are asked to continually exercise basic hygiene practices, and guests are encouraged to follow Washington, D.C.'s most up to date guidelines on mask usage and physical distancing while on property
- All public and high-touch areas, including the lobby, elevators, and restrooms, are disinfected on an hourly basis
- We will provide touchless hand sanitizer stations for hotel staff, guests, clients and vendors at appropriate locations throughout the hotel
- During your stay, we will service your room once daily and while you are not present. If you have a preferable time for service, we will do our best to accommodate your request
- We will be offering in-room dining service from 6 AM until 10 PM, with single- use menus, and contactless delivery options
- Our fitness center will be available for one guest at a time between the hours of 6 AM and 9 PM, and reservations may be made through our Concierge service
- We offer a seamless touch free check out for all guests
- All meeting and event floors plans are arranged to meet local guidelines on social distancing
- All public and high-touch areas, including the lobby, elevators, function room door handles, and restrooms, are disinfected on an hourly basis
- We will provide touchless hand sanitizer stations for hotel staff, guests, and vendors at appropriate locations near function space
- Our staff will be wearing masks in all function space
- All furniture, shared equipment, and meeting amenities, including pads, pencils and blotters, will be sanitized before and after each use
- All linens, including underlays, will be replaced after each use
- All food and beverage items are individually plated and served, and coffee and break items will be attended and served by a server. All condiments will be served in sanitized individual containers
- We ask that any guests who start to feel unwell while at the hotel, contact hotel security so appropriate steps and assistance are provided
- Our staff will be wearing masks in all guest contact areas
- Our staff will be practicing cleaning and sanitizing protocols, and observing social distancing both at the front of house and back of house
We also continue to monitor and update our procedures to ensure we adhere to the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health authorities.
We look forward to helping you plan your visit and welcome you back to The Hay-Adams.